Experienced Quantitative Researcher
We are looking for a quantitative researcher with industry experience to join our world-class team.
You will be part of a quant function which researches systematic trading ideas that predict the future of financial markets, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in large, noisy and rapidly changing real-world data sets.
We operate at the fringes of the possible, trying to beat the efficient market hypothesis with the full big data tool set. We also build on the latest academic research into optimisation methods to find innovative solutions to the complexities that Markowitz ignored.
This is a pure research role where you will have the freedom to develop and test your ideas with real-world data in an environment that resembles academia: you are only limited by your imagination.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an industry researcher currently applying their quantitative skills to any interesting problems or data sets.
These problems/data sets could focus on the intersections of finance, mathematics and big data. Relevant financial work could involve deep technical expertise within a single asset class, or a broader working knowledge across a range of assets including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities or futures markets.
They could also be in the realm of big data challenges encountered at top technology firms in other industries.
In addition to relevant industry experience, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters or PhD degree in a highly quantitative subject (mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or engineering) from a top tier university
- Multiple years of experience working with large data sets in a research setting
- Proficient coding skills, with the ability to rapidly implement and prototype abstract idea with robust code
- A demonstrable interest in applying mathematical concepts to real world financial problems
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines