Business Development Director
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Our Opportunities Evaluation Group (OEG) is tasked with identifying and exploring new commercial paths where the company’s superlative research and technology capabilities could make a real impact. It is one of the most exciting, progressive areas of the business and has a history of making significant contributions to bottom line growth.
As the Business Development Director for OEG, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for the business aligned with its capabilities, be they via mass-market products, commercial partnerships or strategic acquisitions.
You will complement the technical arm of the group and assist in designing products, conducting market research, performing competitor analysis, and developing business cases as well as being the key link to prospective partners and clients outside the firm.
This is an opportunity for a bright, entrepreneurial figure to drive strategic decisions for the whole business and be a catalyst for growth and diversification.
Day-to-day, responsibilities will include areas such as:
- Networking with our potential client base up to CEO level
- Proposition development through to deal closure
- Internal delivery requirement setting and liaison with delivery departments such as engineering
- Advising the Head of OEG and OEG SteerCo in business development strategy
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experienced in corporate planning / strategic business development and exploring / developing new revenue-generating ideas with significant impact to growth
- Technological and mathematical literacy, ideally with experience of working in a technology-driven business
- Strong track record of developing and executing the strategic vision for corporate development and business diversification
- Broad financial services background, with strong market knowledge and experience of exploring and exploiting new and upcoming trends
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and relationship building skills, with the ability to connect the people, network, and resources needed to grow a business
- Strong academics to degree level, preferably in a technical subject e.g. Computer Science or Mathematics
- Able to relate and work with highly technical research and software development staff as well as executives up to and including board level
- Able to work in a highly agile, fluid and creative environment
- Technically capable and able to earn credibility internally/externally quickly
- Good attention to detail and the determination to see initiatives through
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines