Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) function is responsible for protecting all resources and intellectual property at G-Research. To that end, the IAM team manages all user identities and their access permissions.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it deliveries Infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business has big plans to invest in a private cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms and deliver development efficiencies.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, use of CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry. This could be you!
The IAM team is looking for Engineers who are keen to work with a vast variety of technology and products to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving IAM process improvement projects
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to understand business processes
- Mapping business requirements to technical requirements
- Designing secure patterns for Identity Flows
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Development experience in two (or more) development languages including Java, Kotlin, C#, Python or Typescript
- General background and knowledge across IT and technology
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management expertise in order to describe access control security policies across the business
- Drive to get stuck in and fix problems
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial
- Hashicorp Vault
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 9% company pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines