Exchange Decodes C++ Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Exchange Decodes team is part of the Low Latency Engineering Group at G-Research. The team is comprised of enthusiastic C++ developers, responsible for writing software to decode stock market data. Members of the team have a wide variety of backgrounds including companies across the finance, games, telecoms, and technology sectors.
Our software runs in a high-performance Linux environment and is a critical part of a global investment platform. It is mostly written in C++, but tools and libraries are written in C# and Python. The data streams processed are updated many times a microsecond, with terabytes of data per day. We are constantly improving our systems by making use of advances in technologies, languages and open-source software.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing and implementing enterprise-quality software, primarily in C++ but also in other languages including C#
- Working across the full project lifecycle: including design, development, test, release and operational support
- Contributing to the system architecture and improving performance
There is a wide scope for learning and development in this role, with 10% of your time at work dedicated to allowing you to explore your own ideas, and opportunities to attend training and conferences.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience building high-quality solutions to interesting problems in C++ (in industry or post-graduate academia)
- A good understanding of fundamental algorithms & data structures.
- A determined and hardworking outlook, with the ability to communicate efficiently with technical and non-technical people
- A 2.1 degree or better in computer science, electronics or similar
- Financial experience is useful but not required
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines