Networks DevOps Engineer (Contract)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Networks DevOps Engineer, you’ll be working on key network design projects for the business with tier 3 support. This will include hybrid Cloud implementations, datacentre deployments and perimeter networks.
G-Research is fostering a DevOps culture with a particular focus on automation; a challenging environment that the successful candidate will thrive in. An understanding of the importance of building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost will be essential for this role.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be technically excellent with reach across the business, working with and influencing C-level management.
You will have experience with:
- The OSI model especially layers 4-7 (TCP, HTTP, SSL, AUTH protocols)
- Automating Fortinet and Checkpoint firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting network devices (switches/routers/firewalls)
- Python scripting/coding
- Designing highly available systems
- API design
- Ansible, Jinja, Git, Jenkins, TFE, PostgreSQL, Django and/or schema validation and design
Why join us?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines