Cyber Investigation and Response Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining as our Cyber Investigation and Response Analyst, you will work as part of our CSIRT (Cyber Security Investigation and Response Team), where you will have a fantastic opportunity to work on multiple aspects of security, being responsible for everything from alert triage, to threat intelligence.
You’ll be working with a whole host of different technologies across a combination of on-premise, hybrid cloud and cloud native environments. This is a unique opportunity for someone with a strong grounding in a SOC (Security Operations Centre) environment to move into a new phase of their career, with growth and diversification opportunities into Incident Response, Threat Intelligence or even Security Engineering.
- Responding to, and investigating malicious and suspicious activity in the G-Research network
- Monitoring, triaging and responding to security alerts
- Developing, deploying and documenting new detection techniques
- Configuration of security monitoring tools
- Assessing threats and providing data collection and monitoring recommendations for new systems and applications within the environment
- Advancing CSIRT capabilities by providing input and feedback to Security Engineering, Security Data Engineering and Security Data Science teams
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous SOC experience and mature understanding of security incident response and investigation
- Strong alert triage and detection engineering experience
- Experience with threat intelligence
- Ability to document and articulate impact, timeline and outcome of an incident to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience monitoring for insider threats and working in a Cloud computing environment
The following skills/experience would also be beneficial:
- Azure Sentinel stack experience
- Hybrid cloud experience
- Python knowledge
- Knowledge of cutting-edge big data technologies and how to work with them (HDFS, Spark, Jupyter notebooks, Kibana) would be beneficial.
This role requires candidates with drive, energy and a passion for Cyber Security. Candidates will need to have attention to detail, an inquisitive mind-set, and a desire to find answers. A part of this role will also include mentoring and coaching across the team.
One thing all successful candidates at G-Research have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts, and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 tube stations and 6 tube lines