G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as a Compliance Analyst, you will work in our brand new Policy and Compliance function which is responsible for providing evidence-based information about security compliance within the business.
Reporting to the Policy & Compliance Lead, key responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out security compliance reviews, reporting any non-compliances, and establishing root causes
- Ensuring compliance items are clearly matched to applicable standards in operation
- Creating dashboards/reports/scripts used for data visualisation, both for the compliance team and management
- Building good working relationships with teams across the business to drive compliance integration and monitoring which is automated
- Assisting with documenting, communicating and continuously improving compliance processes and procedures in order to increase the level and depth of coverage
- Building and maintaining a broad understanding of the company's technologies, processes, information flows and people with their related security threats and vulnerabilities, in order to challenge the existing compliance design
- Being open minded to apply compliance monitoring to other complex systems and environments outside of the security domain and on a risk based basis
Who are we looking for?
The Compliance team are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a balanced knowledge of security and strong analytical and technical skills. This role will bring crucial compliance assurance experience and knowledge to the team and ensure it is applied it in flexible ways to suit a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and IT-driven organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience with algorithmic compliance in the quantitative research and finance industry
- Experience with security compliance or a similar role (preferably within financial services)
- Knowledge of information security frameworks such as ISO 27000 or NIST
- The ability to write scripts in Python and Powershell
- Knowledge of Splunk, and how to create dashboards and reports
- An understanding of SQL, Active directory, GitHub
- An interest and understanding of cloud security and monitoring
- Capability to build and maintain an understanding of a complex and rapidly changing IT environment
- The ability to think out of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Familiarity with the three lines of defence operating model
- A sound understanding of risk management principles and experience of working in the second line of defence would be valuable
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Excel skills
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- 2:1 or above from a top university
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines