Endpoint Infrastructure Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our Windows group, responsible for the entire company’s underlying infrastructure. This role will involve deploying new applications, upgrading existing systems, ensuring consistent estate performance improvements, supporting/maintaining changes, and researching and implementing new technologies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a consistent estate-wide baseline
- Supporting in-house and third party monitoring and alerting tools
- Coordinating large software upgrades across the company
- Benchmarking performance and tuning applications/hardware
- Active Directory management
- Scripting to automate problems and daily tasks
- Coordinating consultants/support engineers for third party support where required
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successfully delivering, supporting and improving the overall performance of a Microsoft Windows environment, including the following skills and experience:
- Windows Server 2012 - 2019
- Active Directory and group policy management
- Good PowerShell skills
- High performance computing/performance benchmarking
- Visual Studio, Rider and/or other development toolsets
- Azure fundamentals (e.g Azure Automate, MS Graph)
- Notions of security and architecture with experience in a similar, high availability environment.
The following experience and skills are not required, but would be beneficial:
- PCoIP, Teradici
- Ansible, Jenkins, Python
- Desired State Configuration
- Chocolatey, SCCM
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Modern Workplace
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply