IT Support Specialist (Industrial placement)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student studying for a Computer Science, Computer Systems, Cyber Security or Networks-related degree to complete their year in industry placement by joining our Technical Support team.
Working across our Corporate IT division, you will spend the year as a crucial member of the Technical Support group, troubleshooting, advising and providing great customer service to a
range of stakeholders, including senior staff.
This is primarily a first line support/operations role where you will be working alongside a mentor and experienced members of the team who will provide continuous support and guidance, enabling you to learn rapidly and contribute effectively to the business.
The successful candidate will be a part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast paced environment spread across multiple sites, primary based in London, some of those technologies include:
- Active Directory, machine access changes and other various authorisation controls
- Mobile Device Management - Enrolling users on corporate mobile devices or BYOD profiles
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
- Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
- Windows administration
- IT troubleshooting skills
- Networking fundamentals - troubleshooting connectivity issues on workstations and servers
- Enterprise architecture – Troubleshooting user mailboxes, setting up public folders, creating/updating distribution groups and security groups
This role will suit someone with a passion for customer service with a strong technical and methodical approach to any given task.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit someone who has a real interest in IT and an aptitude for applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems.
The ideal student will have strong grades at either A-levels or BTEC, be studying a Computer Science, Computer Systems, Security or Networks related degree and be on track for a 1st or 2.1 Must be highly organised, motivated, willing to learn with a positive can do attitude and enjoys problem solving.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023.
We will respond to applications in September ahead of interviews in October.