Security Support Specialist
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an individual who can provide advice and guidance on the application and operation of security controls, and who understands the implications of their and the company’s actions. This role will involve performing vulnerability assessments, security risk analysis and reviews of the business impact risk of requests. The team this role will be in is the first line of defence in security changes that take place, forming the epicentre for security at the company.
You will be a part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment. The team is spread across multiple sites, primarily based in London. Responsibilities will include:
- Key BAU Security management functions
- Active Directory, machine access changes and other various authorisation controls
- Email Perimeter Appliances
- Password Manager Software
- Multiple security control applications
- Create and help maintain the Security Awareness Campaign
- Investigate security alerts
- Support ongoing investigations with the SOC where applicable
- First line alerting for the SOC team
- Creating, using and updating scripts, in particular with PowerShell to automate daily tasks
- Predominantly Windows, with some Linux systems and support
This role will suit someone with a strong technical and security-focused background, with a passion for customer service and a desire to help the business strive for the best.
Who are we looking for?
You will have energy, drive and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace. Working across the company and interacting with multiple teams, this role is perfect for anyone who wants to push the boundaries on the teams and technologies they currently work with.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Holds a security-related technology degree, obtaining a 2:1 or above
- A keen interest and passion for cyber security, with a broad knowledge and understanding of various security technology-related risks
- Ability to think about a request within a larger picture, using security know-how to guide the user to a better solution if needed and not be afraid to question requests
- Practical experience reviewing and delivering key security requirements
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience of Windows 10 desktop, PowerShell, Networking
- JIRA Service Desk, Confluence Wiki
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines