Junior Finance Analyst – FP&A
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As the business has grown rapidly we have started a finance transformation programme to deliver the vision of a world-class finance function. There is now a need for a new junior analyst to join the finance planning and analysis team to support a range of key activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Financial planning and analysis across the company
Delivering annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting process, the 3 year strategic planning process, preparing month-end reporting and analysis for the Executive Management Team
- Investment appraisal
Appraising projects, programmes and the ongoing management of the portfolio of projects throughout their lifecyle. There is currently an emphasis on valuing and validating the benefits proposed from investment opportunities
- Business partnering
Working directly with business functions to support decision-making using financial information and data analytics. Providing budget, reporting and operations support – ultimately aiming to act as a trusted advisor to the leadership teams of those functions
- Cost allocation
Developing and implementing a methodology to allocate our costs in a way that allows us to understand the impact of the decisions we are making and support enterprise performance management
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with strong financial and commercial acumen and at least 3 years’ experience primarily focused around one or more of the areas listed above.
Across all the areas listed there is a focus on using data to drive insight and decision making. Therefore the roles will suit people who enjoy working with data and the underlying data infrastructure whilst also being able to translate and present these concepts in a simple and engaging manner to a wide variety of stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- CIMA/ICAEW or equivalent qualification
- Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong data analytics and presentation skills
- Experience of MS Dynamics 365, Alteryx, Tableau or PowerBI tools would be an advantage
- High degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Independent problem-solving skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines