G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Finance team, made up of Operations, Accounts Payable, and Finance Planning and Analysis, provides the capabilities to the business for budgeting and forecasting, business partnering, investment appraisal, and cost allocation.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Operations team and take responsibility for a wide range of financial and accounting tasks. Reporting into the Finance Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be supporting two Financial Administrators with BAU duties as well as project-based work.
Key responsibilities of role include:
- Month-end processes such as bank recs, accruals/prepayments and depreciation
- P&L and balance sheet monthly reviews
- External audits
- Tax compliance and regulatory reporting
- Budget control
- Cash-flow management
- ERP operation and project accounting
- Assisting with accounts payable duties
- Managing the administration of staff expenses and corporate credit cards
Who are we looking for?
Working in a close-knit team within a central department in the company, this role requires the ability to effectively collaborate with others and adapt to change. As the team integrates a new ERP system, the successful candidate must be detail-orientated, with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and solve problems independently.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with:
- An ACA, ACCA and/or CIMA qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounting role in any industry
- A strong academic background
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills and a flexible, proactive mind set
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A high degree of integrity and ability to be trusted with privileged access to sensitive data
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 would be advantageous
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines