Full Stack Software Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Trading Platform Monitoring group at G-Research consists of more than a dozen Software Engineers and we are seeking an additional engineer to join us. We are a customer-focused Engineering team working closely with our clients to add business value. Many of our projects involve working closely with other engineering teams, meaning this is an excellent opportunity gain a good understanding of the business.
The team provides software that is used across the firm to manage, protect, and monitor changes to the platform. This includes software release approval workflows, critical platform configuration and essential pre-market checks. The web applications we produce to meet these needs must be robust, reliable and designed with a strong focus on UX. Many of these systems are built from the ground up and so designing and building such enterprise systems is a key skill for any team member. The successful candidate will control the direction of projects and utilise cutting-edge technologies to produce the best results.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment to develop full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principals, effective UX and polished UI design
- Liaising directly with customers to scope out, design and iterate on elegant solutions to the wide variety of challenges they face
- On-going support of our systems, responding proactively to bug reports and feature requests
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, passionate and creative software engineer with a proven ability to develop and deliver high-quality software with a focus on customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent OO programming skills, ideally in C# (or Java)
- Experience in a frontend technology, ideally Angular
- A proven track record of full stack engineering
- Excellent academics (strong A-level results combined with a 2.1 or better in Computer Science or similar)
- Excellent communication skills
Advantageous experience and skills include:
- Experience with a distributed version control system (ideally Git)
- An appreciation of Continuous Delivery principles (e.g. one-click deployment, fast feedback, etc.)
- Exposure to an agile and collaborative team environment
- Experience in any of the following – Kubernetes, Hadoop, .NET Core
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines