Software Engineer - Full Stack
G-Research is Europe's leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business. By designing and implementing real-time systems, our engineers are solving some of the world's most complex financial problems.
The Trading Platform Services Engineering group at G-Research consists of more than a dozen Software Engineers, and we are seeking additional engineers to join us. We are a customer-centric Engineering team working closely with our clients, with a strong focus on UX. Many of our projects involve working with other Engineering teams, making this an excellent opportunity to gain a good understanding of the business and trading platform.
We are building cutting-edge systems to allow our clients to monitor and manage a complex platform in real-time. This includes platform configuration and release management for tens of thousands of trading services, and real-time processing of data streamed from systems all over the world. We leverage the latest technologies, such as Kafka and Kubernetes, to address the huge scale of the services we work with.
Our engineers are encouraged to take ownership of projects and deliver the best results using the most suitable technologies and methodologies for the job.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment to develop full-stack web applications, with an emphasis on software engineering principles, effective UX, and polished UI design
- Integrating with trading platform components via a variety of mechanisms, e.g. REST APIs, Kafka
- Liaising directly with customers to scope out, design and iterate on solutions
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, passionate and creative software engineer with a proven ability to develop and deliver high-quality software. They will have:
- Excellent OO programming skills, ideally in C# (or Java)
- Experience with a frontend technology, e.g. Angular
- A proven track record of full-stack engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starting attitude
Advantageous experience and skills include:
- Understanding of CI/CD principles and implementation, e.g. Jenkins
- Exposure to an agile and collaborative team environment
- Experience with containers and cloud-native technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, .NET Core
- Experience with messaging middlewares and stream processing technologies, e.g. Kafka
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines