Corporate Applications Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an experienced IT engineer to join our Corporate Applications team. This team is part of the Enterprise Business Services group that is responsible for all the Corporate IT services at G-Research. This dynamic role will involve working with a wide array of technologies and applications, including the management and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to take real ownership of projects and will be directly responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining new and existing applications, ensuring that all deliverables are met with key stakeholders.
G-Research are making exciting inroads into open source and cloud technology, making this an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies and assist with their implementation and support.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Implementation of new applications and infrastructure
- Conducting improvement work, upgrades and maintenance of our existing managed applications
- Driving the company’s cloud-adoption when implementing new solutions
- Making use of automation when possible
- Taking ownership of BAU related work and ensuring users/peers are kept up to date with progress through timely feedback
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on support issues, feature requests and licensing
- Documentation of processes and procedures to a high standard
- Providing out-of-hours support on a rotating basis and undertaking business impacting work such as migrations and upgrades when required
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a skilled Engineer with a strong track record of successfully delivering and supporting systems throughout the entire product life cycle.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience designing, installing and supporting 3rd party applications at an enterprise level
- Exposure to Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and/or NetScaler
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- A good understanding of networking technologies
- A general understanding of SQL
- Good scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.) with a desire to improve
- A passion for technology and a desire to seek new concepts to solve complicated problems
Advantageous experience and skills include:
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Citrix Hypervisor
- Experience in administrating the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Business intelligence and analytics software (Tableau, Alteryx)
- Experience with Automation tooling (Ansible, AWX)
- SaaS implementation and administration
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines