Compute Platform Engineer (Kubernetes)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transforming the way we run and build platforms. As part of this transformation we are looking for a highly-skilled engineer to join our expanding Compute Platform Engineering team.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing applications to build and extend our compute platform
- Owning the design, build, monitoring and expansion of the platform to help deliver a fully-featured and secure platform on top of which the business can deploy any application including trading and research-critical components
- Working closely with various other development teams to help define standards, best practices, and aide migration and on-boarding of microservices onto the platform
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Linux Engineering/DevOps background
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- A solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Experience working with microservices
- Development skills in at least one of the following:
- Experience with full stack platform infrastructure such as
- SDS (block and Object)
- A passion for open-source
- Technical experience to build high performance, scalable and resilient infrastructure and solutions
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines