Windows Operations Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Windows Operations group is responsible for the company’s technical infrastructure. The group has a broad scope of responsibilities, including managing and upgrading the current applications as well as researching and implementing new technologies. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a vibrant and stimulating company in a diverse infrastructure role.
We’re looking for an experienced Windows Operations Analyst to join the Windows Software Delivery sub-group. This role will involve dealing with a large range of technologies and will be responsible for automation projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for deploying new applications, upgrading existing systems, ensuring consistent estate performance improvements, and supporting/maintaining such changes. This will include:
- Software rollouts to 1000’s of Windows machines
- Managing a consistent estate-wide baseline
- Automating software packaging and deployments
- Supporting in-house and 3rd party monitoring and alerting tools
- Co-ordinating large software upgrades across the company
- Benchmarking performance and tuning applications
- Scripting to automate problems and daily tasks
- Coordinating consultants/support engineers for 3rd party support where required
Who are we looking for?
The role requires a skilled engineer with a strong track record of successfully delivering, supporting and improving the overall performance of a Microsoft Windows environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least 4-5 years’ experience working in an operational support role. Advantageous experience and skills also include:
- Windows Server 2012 – 2019
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- PowerShell and/or other scripting languages such as Python and Ansible
- Azure Cloud Stack
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Visual Studio, Rider and other development toolsets
- Notions of security and architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (conscious and focused on the controls required to assure the required service levels)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking skills
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines