Software Engineer - Data Mesh
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a team taking our data strategy to the next level through a data mesh architecture. As data grows in volume and diversity, we must adapt our approach so that we can quickly gain value from new data in any shape or format. This role involves collaborating with engineering and research teams across the company.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with regular pair and mob programming
- Design and build solutions that help users locate, combine and drive value from data at scale
- Experiment with open source technologies
- Contribute code to strategic open source solutions
- Demonstrate software engineering best practices such as TDD, CI and CD
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong skills in at least one of Python, Java, Scala, Kotlin
- Energy to persevere on complex technical problems
- Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies or domain concepts
- Drive to constantly find new ways to make solutions faster, better and lower-maintenance
- Curiosity to understand the big picture of how data is used across G-Research
Advantageous experience and skills include:
- Experience with many forms of data: Relational Database, NOSQL, Parquet, Protobuf
- Experience with Kafka and GRPC
- Experience with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Hadoop
Why should you join us?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines