Software Engineer - Attribution
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Software Engineering is core to our business, and by designing and implementing real-time systems you will help us solve some of the world’s most complex financial problems.
The Real-time Platform Development (RPD) Attribution team is responsible for oversight of the Real-time Platform’s internal simulation environment, enabling us to determine how accurate simulation is when compared to the platform’s behaviour in a live environment. The role will involve working closely with Researchers in order to proactively assist in shaping the quality and effectiveness of their research. There are opportunities for development in a broad range of technologies and the chance to become expert in the nuances of simulation from both a business context perspective and a statistical analysis one.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure to support data workflow and analysis
• Liaising with quantitative researchers to gather requirements and make suggestions for improvement
• Investigating and analysing the output of various simulations
• Designing and implementing high-quality code to deliver clean, automated, robust solutions
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a passionate Software Developer who has:
• A proven ability to develop high-quality software in an OO language
• An appreciation of good software architecture, CompSci fundamentals and data structures
• Experience working with Spark (preferably in Scala)
• Experience working with financial markets (or a strong desire to learn)
• Experience working with data visualisation tooling (preferably Tableau)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines