Data Intelligence Internship
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the growing field of data intelligence, while making a real contribution to the quality of research and decision making in a market-leading company.
Data is at the heart of our business, and the exploration, enrichment, and creation of new datasets influences how our core research function performs. It forms a key part of what gives us a unique competitive advantage as a company.
In this role you will apply your exceptional organisational skills to co-ordinate the lifecycle of numerous diverse data sets as they progress through the trial and on-boarding process for our research teams to use.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being a key point of contact for a wide array of data providers and internal consumers of data
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork and license agreements are in place for work being conducted
- Building and maintaining repots on the state of the trial pipeline and on the various aspects of the data estate
- Acting as a liaison between the vendor and our business’ research division, coordinating the escalation and resolution of issues relating to both trial and live vendor data
- Maintaining and updating vendor risks and issues to a central database, addressing areas of concern effectively and providing recommendations to mitigate against poor performance
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would be a strong undergraduate or master’s student in a numerical subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics etc.) in their penultimate year of study at a top-tier institution. They will ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Confidence and strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to proactively build and manage diverse relationships
- Strong analytical capability, with a demonstrable interest in data/statistical analysis/financial markets
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines