Technical Support Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
This role in our Technical Support team involves both first-line support as well as working on collaborative projects (e.g. rolling out VMware ESX and virtual infrastructure for a remote office); with lots of scope for training and development. It would suit an individual who is passionate about excellent customer service, continued service improvements, and root cause analysis.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that deals with a large range of technologies in a fast-paced environment. Key technologies and responsibility areas include:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- VMware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Okta, Meraki and Cisco WebEx
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments
- Server upgrades and deployments
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and build system
- PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
This is a hands-on technical role with great opportunity for development and excellent future opportunities to work with senior systems administrators.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit someone with energy, drive, and a passion for customer success in a technically advanced workplace.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- A 2:1 degree or higher, with strong grades at A-levels or BTEC
- Motivation to use new technologies and concepts to solve complex problems
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines