Software Engineer – Infrastructure
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We’re looking for a C# Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. They provide tooling to maintain and develop the smooth running of our IaaS platform and allow other software development teams to leverage it to its full potential.
As a C# Software Engineer, you will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and utilise cutting-edge technologies to produce the best results. With the combination of hard problems to solve and the freedom to design custom solutions, the role is both varied and interesting.
You will take control of the direction of your projects and will regularly interact with professionals within diverse areas of IaaS and the rest of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building the authentication and authorisation provider of our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the integrity monitoring and alerting tool for our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) tool for our on-premise cloud platform
- Autonomous infrastructure testing to enable changes to be pushed from test to live with minimal effort, using linting and testing environments
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment, developing full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principles
Who are we looking for?
You will be a strong, competent, and practical Software Engineer who is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in the latest software technologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to engineer high-quality software in C#
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) and the ability to write clean code
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles
- Exposure to IdentityServer or other authentication and authorisation solutions
- Knowledge of SPIRE or other SPIFFE compatible technologies
- Exposure to event based systems
- Exposure to CMDB or inventory solutions
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines