Networks DevOps Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a Networks DevOps Engineer, you’ll be working on key network automation for the business with tier 3 support. This will include Hybrid Cloud implementations, Datacentre deployments and Perimeter networks.
G-Research is fostering a DevOps culture with a particular focus on automation. An understanding of the importance of building supportable solutions that reduce operational cost will be essential for this role.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can offer technical excellence, with reach across the business, working with and influencing C-level management.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- The OSI model especially layers 4-7 (TCP, HTTP, SSL, AUTH protocols)
- Configuring and troubleshooting network devices (switches/routers/firewalls)
- Designing highly available systems
- Ansible, Jinja, Git, Jenkins and/or TFE
- API design
- PostgreSQL, Django and/or Schema validation and design
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Unit testing
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines