Identity Access Management Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) team forms part of the Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) function at G-Research and is responsible for protecting all resources and intellectual property. To that end, the IAM team manages all user identities and their access permissions.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it deliveries Infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business has big plans to invest in a private cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications, distributed platforms, and deliver development efficiencies.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, use of CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We are using open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery, working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation.
We are looking for Engineers who are keen to work with a vast variety of technology and products to solve problems in a fast moving environment.
Joining as an IAM Engineer, you will contribute to the design, implementation and rollout of solutions that form our authentication, authorisation and user life-cycle management infrastructure.
This role reports directly into our Head of Identity & Access Management, and whilst you will primarily operate within the IAM team, you will frequently engage stakeholders from across our Engineering function.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Mapping business requirements to technical requirements.
- Working with stakeholders to understand business challenges and pain points.
- Collaborating with engineering stakeholders to help solve complex problems within the IAM space.
- Delivering useable, fit for purpose solutions across the business.
Who are we looking?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong software engineering experience, with general background and knowledge across IT, technology and information security
- Strong domain knowledge of Identity & Access Management tooling (e.g. Sailpoint IIQ) and processes (e.g. JML processes, authentication, authorisation)
- Proven Linux background
- Process automation experience (e.g. Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Strong LDAP directory services experience (e.g. Active Directory, OpenLDAP)
- Kerberos experience
- An understanding of security standards such as ISO, CIS or NIST
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Drive to get stuck in and fix problems
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Platforms: Kubernetes, OpenStack, Linux
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Ansible / AWX, Terraform
- IAM Technologies: SailPoint, HashiCorp Vault, CyberArk
- IAM Domains: JML, MFA, AuthN/AuthZ, PKI, PIM
- SaaS Platforms: AWS, Azure
One thing all successful candidates at G-Research have in common is a passion to use technology, new concepts and new ideas to solve complicated problems.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines