Junior Network and Security Operations Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is seeking a Junior Network and Security Operations Analyst to join the Network and Security Operations team to help support infrastructure vital to the company’s exciting future plans.
The company has a strong “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy and will continue to introduce the next generations of applications and distributed platforms into the business to stay at the top of our industry.
The Network and Security Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network and network security infrastructure covering office/datacentre/colocation sites, ensuring the company can operate at the highest level. You will play a vital role in the team providing our high standard of service to the business.
Working as part of Network and Security Operations, tasks will involve day-to-day monitoring, auditing, Level 1 support tasks, and troubleshooting of the network and security estate.
The role will focus on the day-to-day support/troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure, and covers the following main areas:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure using monitoring and analysis tools
- Reacting to alerts and providing resolution or initial troubleshooting
- Investigate hardware/software problems and work with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve
- Reporting and troubleshooting network connectivity to third parties
- Reporting and troubleshooting WAN connectivity outages and issues with our partners
- Completing Level 1 support tickets
- Completing network audits to ensure compliance to standards
As well as working alongside the Network Engineering team, the role requires close interaction with the Infrastructure, Datacentre and other Operations teams, so there is broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a real interest in Networks and applying computing concepts and their skills to solve real problems. Additionally, applicants should be:
- Studying for (or already have) CCNA/Network+ qualifications or completed a university degree in a relevant subject
- Highly organised and motivated
- Willing to learn with a positive can-do attitude
- Knowledge of basic switching and routing concepts
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion and enthusiasm to help the team in continuing to meet the expected high standards of performance
- Previous experience working within medium sized investment banks, hedge funds and asset management companies is beneficial but not essential.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines