Quantitative Analyst Intern
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
10 week summer programme (July to September 2021)
09:00-17:30 working hours
Based in Central London
Joining G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme, you will be integrated into the team and work on the front line of analysing algorithmic behaviour down to order placement levels. This will provide the real world context to tackle a project with actual implications on algorithmic decision-making and simulation performance.
This combination of hands-on experience with the responsibility to deliver a project will provide a great experience to anyone looking to understand what it
is like to work with a quantitative finance, from forecast generation right through to order performance.
The project will be data science driven and focused around market microstructure, using our extensive trade and market data set to test a series of hypotheses (either self-generated or provided by the wider team). For candidates who are more engineering-focused there is also the possibility to spend time building on the existing toolset.
For the duration of the internship, you will collaborate with one of our Quantitative Analysts who will act as a mentor as you work on your independent project. You will receive structured feedback and reviews to help you to improve and develop, culminating in a final presentation of your project to senior management.
Upon successful completion of the Programme, many interns are offered the opportunity to join us full-time on graduation. Taking part in G-Research’s Summer Internship Programme will give you an in-depth insight into our academic approach to the world of quantitative finance and allow you to explore the thriving city of London, while you get to know your fellow interns and colleagues through a full itinerary of fun social events.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will, at minimum, have experience in the following areas:·
- Intermediate level of programming in at least one OO language (Python/C# desirable)
- Interest in complex systems and tactical problem-solving/diagnosis
- An interest in applying data science to real-world problem
- You should be in the final or penultimate year of a degree in a highly-technical or quantitative subject such as mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering or computer science
- We also like to see active GitHub/Kaggle profiles (but these aren’t a prerequisite)
Previous experience in finance is not required, although an interest in finance and the motivation to rapidly learn more is a prerequisite for working here.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus accommodation allowance
- G-Research community with weekly intern activities
- Company wide summer party and weekend away
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines