Internal Assurance Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Business Information and Controls Assurance team (BICA) is responsible for enhancing risk management through performing Programme Assurance over change initiatives and through Controls Testing across G-Research’s IT and operational controls. BICA provides independent assurance back to the Board that all change is well-controlled and will deliver the expected benefits, as well as highlighting any key control failures requiring their attention.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transformation, which has lead to this an opportunity for an experienced assurance professional who has a proven track-record of delivering effective assurance work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will be responsible for delivering IT control testing work as well as programme assurance across the various functions of the business.
As an Analyst, you will work as part of a team of problem-solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping Senior Management and the Board to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Scoping and planning of reviews:
- Proactively assist in the determination of the assurance review plan to ensure we’re focused on the key risk areas of the business and can drive meaningful improvements
- Participate in consultation with stakeholders across the business to ensure reviews are appropriately focused on the key areas
- Independently develop terms of references for review topics
- Independently develop work plans/testing strategies to address scope areas and associated risks
- Lead interviews and walkthroughs with business stakeholders to assess current state processes and controls
- Conduct testing of key controls and prepare work papers for review within minimal supervision
- Identify and summarise key observations and improvements for consideration by management
- Identify innovative testing techniques through the use of data analysis and visualisation
- Prepare short-form reports summarising key observations and risks, with a focus on driving business improvement
- Identify ways to make reports meaningful to our stakeholders through the use of visualisation / data analysis
- Identify pragmatic and commercially focused recommendations
- Establish effective working relationships directly with stakeholders across G-Research
- Undertake special projects and investigations as required
- Keep up-to-date with the latest testing techniques and tools to continually develop the BICA team
Who are we looking for?
You will have a proven track record of delivering pieces of assurance/internal audit that result in business value and bring about positive changes to a business’s risk management environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the breadth of experience necessary to deliver technical and thought leadership across a high-performance specialist team.
Key attributes for success include:
- Professional auditor or Risk and Controls professional with core assurance and testing skills
- Strong ‘generalist’ skill set covering both Technology and Operational areas
- Appreciation of working in an entrepreneurial and unregulated environment
- Commercially-focused and able to bring ‘bigger picture’ thinking to reviews
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to performing assurance
- Strong analytical and assurance skills
- The ability to work effectively, building good working relationships with both colleagues and other personnel at all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines