End User Computing Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The WinOps team is responsible for the entire company’s technical infrastructure. Project work within the role covers a broad scope of managing and upgrading the current applications as well as researching and implementing new technologies. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a vibrant and stimulating company in a diverse infrastructure role.
The team is seeking an experienced End User Computing Engineer to join the Windows sub-group. From day one, the successful candidate will be dealing with a large range of technologies and taking responsibility for working on projects. The role will involve deploying new applications, upgrading existing systems, and ensuring consistent estate performance improvements alongside supporting/maintaining such changes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a consistent estate-wide baseline
- Supporting in-house and 3rd party monitoring and alerting tools for the IT Group
- Coordinating large software upgrades across the company
- Benchmarking performance and tuning applications/hardware
- Active Directory management
- Scripting to automate problems and daily tasks
- Coordinating consultants/support engineers for 3rd party support where required
Who are we looking for?
You are a skilled engineer with a strong track record of successfully delivering, supporting and improving the overall performance of a Microsoft Windows environment. The successful applicant will have 3-5 years’ experience of working in an operational support role. The ideal candidate will have a background in:
- Windows Server 2012 - 2019
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- High Performance computing / Performance Benchmarking
- Visual Studio, Rider and other development toolsets
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager / SCCM
- Azure fundamentals
- Notions of security and architecture (Clustering, load balancing, DMZ) with experience in a similar, high availability environment.
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
The following experience is beneficial;
- PCoIP / Teradici
- Ansible / Python
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines