Software Engineer - C++
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Exchange Decodes team is part of the Low Latency Engineering Group at G-Research. We are a team of enthusiastic C++ developers responsible for writing software to decode stock market data. The team have been drawn from companies across the finance, games, telecoms, and technology sectors.
Our software runs in a high-performance Linux environment and is a critical part of a global investment platform. Most of our software is written in C++ but we also write some tools and libraries in C# and Python. We process data streams that update many times a microsecond and we collect terabytes of data per day.
We are looking for a software engineer to help us build an exceptional market data platform. You will work on performance-critical systems and deal with stock exchange data from around the world. We are constantly improving our systems by making use of advances in technologies, languages and open-source software.
- Designing and implementing enterprise-quality software in C++
- Working across the full project lifecycle: including design, development, test, release and operational support
- Contributing to the system architecture and improving performance
We give people time to learn and develop - including one day a fortnight to work on your own ideas and the opportunity to attend training and conferences.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic software engineer who is able to solve real-world problems in C++. You should be able to work well as part of a software development team, as well as individually.
Ideal experience and skills include:
- Experience building high-quality solutions to interesting problems in C++ (in industry or post-graduate academia)
- Good understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- A determined and hardworking outlook, with the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Financial experience is useful but not required. If you have a non-financial background, we'd like to hear from you
G-Research is an equal-opportunities employer. We particularly encourage applications from people from groups that are underrepresented in the technology industry.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines