Software Engineer - Data Feeds
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Feed Handler Platform team is part of the Low Latency Engineering Group at G-Research. We are a team of enthusiastic developers responsible for writing software to consume market data from stock exchanges around the world.
We work on performance-critical systems that distribute market data to other parts of the platform and are responsible for developing cutting-edge heuristics used to enrich the market data used by the company.
Our software runs in a high-performance Linux environment and is a critical part of a global investment platform. We measure and optimise the latency of our feed handlers, which process market data with single-digit microsecond latency.
We constantly improve our systems by making use of advances in technologies, languages and open-source software. We minimise latency by using userspace networking technologies and the open source low latency Aeron messaging system. We are currently working to modernise our platform by adopting Kubernetes.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Designing and implementing enterprise-quality software
- Working across the full project lifecycle, including design, development, test, release, and operational support
- Contributing to the system architecture and improving performance
We give people time to learn and develop - including one day a fortnight to work on your own ideas and the opportunity to attend training and conferences.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic software engineer able to solve real-world problems in an OO language. You should be able to work well as part of a software development team as well as individually.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience building high-quality solutions to interesting problems (in industry or post-graduate academia)
- Good understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- A determined and hardworking outlook, with the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Financial experience is useful but not required. If you have a non-financial background, we'd like to hear from you
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines