Software Engineer - Post-Trade Processing
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Post-Trade Processing (PTP) team is responsible for trading platform behavioural data. We own the ETL pipeline that manipulates and runs analysis on this data, as well as visualisation tooling which allows users to inspect trading behaviour in detail. This data is used to spot undesirable market interactions, provide feedback to quant and engineering teams, and to find discrepancies between production and simulation. PTP developers are responsible for interfacing between multiple research teams and for the firm's trading platform.
The team has a very close relationship with our research user base and their input is involved throughout the development process. We follow Agile practices in a non-ideological way: experimentation and iterative improvement are highly valued in all areas with an end-goal of providing practices that work for everyone, both within the team and for its users. Discussion and a collaborative, diplomatic approach to problem-solving are heavily encouraged.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing high-quality code to deliver clean, automated, robust solutions
- Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure to support data workflow and analysis
- Liaising with quant and developer teams to gather requirements for improvement
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a strong, competent, and practical software engineer who places an emphasis on clean coding and testing practices. They should be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in the latest software technology. This role is ideally suited to an engineer who is keen to work closely with customers to produce outstanding, measurable solutions for the business.
You should have:
- A proven ability to develop high-quality software in an OO language, preferably C#
- An appreciation of good software architecture, CompSci fundamentals, and data structures
The following would also be beneficial:
- A proven track record of full-stack engineering and experience with a front-end technology, ideally WPF
- Some experience with Scala, Spark and/or parquet data storage on HDFS
- An interest in developing good UX solutions
- Able and willing to learn a variety of new technologies and programming styles
- Comfortable working closely with users from a variety of technical backgrounds to understand their needs and how we can support them
- Finance experience is useful but by no means a prerequisite. Candidates from non-financial backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Key technologies will include:
- Micro Services
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines