Security Data Engineering Intern - Industrial Placement
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research develops and maintains an incredibly successful set of research, analysis and real-time platforms used within the quantitative finance arena. We are transforming these platforms to cloud-style distributed systems that leverage the best of open source and third party offerings. Join us to be at the centre of this exciting change and have the opportunity to work with technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and more as we make this transition.
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated, meticulous, and security-minded student to join the Software Engineering practice of a financial research institution, building a first-rate platform for the Security Operations Centre.
Key responsibilities and activities will include:
- Your first six to eight weeks will consist of in-house training with the Security Data Engineering and Security Data Science teams
- Following successful completion of your induction, you will then work as a member of the team, playing a full part in the day-to-day operations and success of the unit
- Opportunity to engage with a number of diverse teams within both the Security and Engineering divisions, providing an excellent learning experience for students wanting to launch their career into the fields of Software Engineering or Information Security
This placement year will be based in Central London, starting on the 12th of July, 2021.
Who are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology and information security, coupled with an aptitude for applying computing concepts to real-world problems
- Strong academic grades at A-Level or BTEC
- Currently studying for a technology degree, ideally with a security flavour, and on track towards obtaining a 2:1 or above
- Must be highly organised, motivated, and eager to learn
- You must be enrolled in a sandwich degree course with a graduation date in 2023
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines