Business Process Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Our Business Insight Services (BIS) team is a service entity for the whole business, set up to deliver insights and drive change. The primary services the team provides are to support operations using a suite of self-service reports and by adding value through analytics at all levels of the business – all using an industry-leading data and analytics platform and infrastructure which maximises data quality and governance. The team also offers strategic development and consulting services to improve operations continuously across the business to build a business for the future.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of change and as a result the BIS team is looking for a Business Analyst to join the team. This is a great opportunity for a proactive individual looking for diverse and interesting challenges in a world-class business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing structure to complex business problems and the application of best practice and industry-standard frameworks
- Working collaboratively with business stakeholders and senior management to gather and document business and technology requirements
- Reducing complex ideas to simple terms in order to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Facilitating structured workshops to derive information and understanding, working to build consensus from different perspectives
- Scoping of projects and deliverables to support the initiation of key change initiatives
- Championing continuous improvement and proactively identifying new opportunities in projects as well as across the business
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a flair for engaging with people to solve complex problems. The ideal candidate will also have:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant Business Analyst role, ideally within a consultancy
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- The ability to put structure around complex problems posed by senior stakeholders
- Experience constructing and facilitating effective workshops for different stakeholder groups
- A good understanding of how systems work and integrate with one another, as well as key business and systems roles
- Experience working with data and an understanding of best practice for structuring datasets for reporting and insight generation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver engaging presentations
- A proven ability to perform, multi-task under pressure and use initiative to navigate challenges
- A growth mind-set and an appetite for learning
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in solutions architecture and process mapping would be beneficial
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines