Corporate Applications Operations Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an Operations Analyst to join our Corporate Applications team. This team is part of the Enterprise Business Services group that is responsible for all the Corporate IT services at G-Research. This dynamic role will involve working with a wide array of technologies and applications, including the management and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure.
The team are primarily responsible for implementing new business applications whilst also providing a support service to the group for all existing systems under the team’s management. The role will involve working on the busy support shift with an opportunity to focus on project based work.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing application and infrastructure support for all of the third party applications and technologies managed by the team
- Liaising with third party vendors on support issues and feature requests
- Conducting improvement work, upgrades and maintenance of our existing managed applications
- Providing out-of-hours support on a rotating basis and undertaking business impacting work such as migrations and upgrades when required
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates that have a strong track record of successfully providing IT support at an enterprise level. Over a timescale of a few years, it is anticipated that the role evolves to that of an Engineer and a move to project work over support. This is consistent with the path taken by the other Engineers in the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of Windows based environments
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in providing support for business applications
Desirable experience and skills:
- Windows Server and Linux experience
- Any scripting experience PowerShell / Python
- Experience with administering Citrix XenApp environments
- Experience with administering virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Citrix Hypervisor
- Experience with administering the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
- Any 3rd party application deployments and configuration experience
- SaaS administration
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines