Technical Support Analyst
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to work within our Corporate IT function. This is more than a first line support role; all members of the team have an agreed amount of time to spend on project work and training. From day one, the successful candidate will be dealing with a large range of technologies and will take responsibility for looking after our systems and responding to alerts, including:
- Monitoring complex in-house systems
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange management
- Vmware ESX virtual infrastructure
- Okta, Meraki and Cisco WebEx
- Desktop PC upgrades and deployments
- Server upgrades and deployments
- Server and workstation hardware, diagnostics and repair
- Software upgrades, including trading and general infra applications
- Backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plans
- Automated software packaging and build system
- PowerShell cmdlets to automate daily tasks
This is a hands-on technical role with great opportunity for development into a specialist IT Systems role. The successful candidate will work closely alongside senior team members who will be able to help with advice, troubleshooting, training and project work.
There are excellent future opportunities to work with senior systems administrators in our many specialist sub-teams. Example projects can range from rolling out Vmware ESX and virtual infrastructure for a remote office to improving environment monitoring systems in our datacentres.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following traits:
- Bright with a drive, energy and passion for technology
- Possesses professional IT-related experience (e.g. an internship)
- G-Research has high academic hiring standards and prefers degree-qualified candidates with a 2:1 degree or better, plus strong grades at A-levels or BTEC
- A motivation to use technology, new concepts, and new ideas to solve complicated problems
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines