G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is embarking on a transformation journey and step change in how it delivers infrastructure and associated open source technologies. The business is investing in a hybrid cloud platform on which to build the next generation of applications and distributed platforms, as well as deliver development efficiencies.
There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code and using CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. We utilise open source tooling and best practices to increase the pace of delivery. We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from the best practitioners in the industry.
You will be part of the Automation Team embedded within our IaaS function, helping to mature our existing infrastructure automation with a primary emphasis on Infrastructure as Code. The team work closely with IaaS Engineering, PaaS, Security and Development teams within the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Helping to shape and engineer the correct tooling and automation capabilities to enable consumption of our private cloud platform
- Assisting development teams to work at pace by providing self-serviceable infrastructure
- Defining automation standards, frameworks and reporting
- Working with Infrastructure as Code principles, to enable the company to expand its private cloud capabilities
- Expanding existing deployment code for our private cloud
- Defining, configuring and deploying Jenkins pipelines from code using Jenkins DSL
- Designing and implementing Jenkins pipelines to perform infrastructure automation tasks
- Enhancing and expanding our Terraform Enterprise platform, and managing our existing codebase:
- Modular developments of reusable infrastructure components
- Maintaining and expanding a catalogue of reusable infrastructure services
- Providing Terraform users with best practises for creating their Terraform code
- Using Ansible for orchestration development, and managing of our existing codebase:
- Infrastructure tooling to create the glue
- Defining new workflows to be consumed via self-service
- Developing and managing Go and Python libraries
- Autonomous infrastructure testing, to enable changes to be pushed from test to live with minimal effort, using linting and testing environments
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A passion for delivering infrastructure automation
- Excellent experience with Terraform
- An understanding of unit testing and CI/CD principals
- Experience using Ansible or similar tooling
- Experience with scripting or programming languages. Go or Python is preferred, but capability in any high-level languages is acceptable
- Experience using Github Enterprise or an equivalent VCS for IaC
- Experience in applying IaC concepts to configuration management and immutable infrastructure
- A willingness to upskill in new technologies as required
- Preferably some user knowledge of Kubernetes due to the environment we work in, but this is not essential
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines