Network and Security Operations Analyst (F5 & Firewalls)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Network and Security Operations team is responsible for G-Research’s global network and the security of its infrastructure. Their remit includes office, datacentre, and colocation sites, where the team has a major impact on the optimisation of company performance. We have a strong “Infrastructure as Code” philosophy, and are committed to introducing the next generation of applications and distributed platforms to the business.
In addition to primarily focusing on monitoring and support tasks, the team plays a critical role in many high-profile company projects. Team members are often responsible for delivering technical designs that have been developed by the Network Engineering team across the estate.
As a key member of the team, you will be involved in day-to-day support and troubleshooting of the network and security infrastructure, covering the following main areas:
- Monitoring the health of the network and security infrastructure using a variety of monitoring and analysis tools
- Investigating hardware/software problems with devices and collaborating with the manufacturers' support teams to resolve issues
- Testing and troubleshooting network connectivity with third parties
- Completing BAU tickets for various technologies (F5, Check Point, Fortinet, Bluecoat, Cisco, Arista etc.)
- Performing firewall and proxy policy changes
- Delivery tasks such as hardware refresh work and expansion/upgrade projects
- Using Ansible and YAML files to update and push out changes to the network
As well as working alongside the Network Engineering team, the role requires close interaction with the Infrastructure, Datacentre and other Operations teams so there will be a broad exposure to a variety of enterprise products and technologies.
Who are we looking for?
The team has a large amount of work focused on both network and security projects. We are looking for a candidate who has a high level of knowledge of various network security technologies/vendors along with a good understanding of networking fundamentals.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- F5 technologies
- Firewall technologies (e.g. Check Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- Troubleshooting proxies for issues relating to SSL inspection, layer 7 filtering etc.
- Networking Fundamentals (e.g. TCP/UDP, IP, Subnetting)
- Automation/scripting skills to a basic level as the team uses Git and Ansible extensively
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines