HR Business Partner
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for an experienced HR BP to act as a trusted advisor to G-Research’s largest division, Engineering (made up of of circa 400 staff), accelerating its performance through people initiatives. You will bring creative thinking to devise employee-centric, strategic human capital plans, partnering with business leaders in areas which include organisational design, employee relations, learning and development, and leadership capabilities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving accountability, supporting the Engineering division's growth and development, and aligning resources to meet the needs of the business
- Coaching Engineering teams to proactively devise human capital solutions, as well as architect and implement solutions around staff retention, team building, L&D, and organisational change and design
- Providing strategic direction on core processes within Engineering such as employee relations, performance management, and leadership development
- Partnering with senior Engineering leaders to understand business strategies and challenges, with particular focus on identifying talent gaps, opportunities for upgrades, and key talent
- Working with senior team members to develop management and leadership capabilities
- Coaching and advising leaders, driving people conversations and initiatives, and thoughtfully counselling leaders through difficult situations
- Forming collaborative relationships with the Head of HR, Engineering Division Leaders, Team Leaders, and Talent in order to execute people strategies and efforts to support the growth/strategic objectives of the company.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who is agile, adapts quickly, and thrives in fluid environments. The ideal candidate will:
- Possess exceptional relationship management and advisory skills, well-developed commercial awareness, and impeccable judgement
- Be intellectually curious with an ability to anticipate future trends, analyse business requirements, and translate them into innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Have strong organisational and project management skills; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have experience coaching and advising both leaders and talent, ideally within a technology or engineering company or client group environment
- Be able to diagnose a problem, analyse options, and make a decision quickly
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines