G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is a group of talented backend Software Engineers who work closely with our Infrastructure Function.
They provide tooling to develop and maintain the smooth running of our IaaS platform and allow other software development teams to leverage it to its full potential. Most of their applications are written in C#, but the languages and technologies used by the team are continuously evaluated.
As a Software Engineer, you will utilise cutting-edge technologies and employ your first-class experience to produce the best results. With the combination of hard problems to solve and the scope to design custom solutions, the role is both varied and interesting.
You will have major input into the direction of your projects and will regularly interact with professionals within diverse areas of IaaS and the rest of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Building the authentication and authorisation provider of our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the integrity monitoring and alerting tool for our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the inventory solution used for tracking assets across the company by providing tooling and help with integration to CMDB owners
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment, developing full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principles
Who are we looking for?
You will be a strong, competent, and practical Software Engineer who is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest in the latest software technologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to engineer high-quality software in an OO language, ideally in C#
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) and the ability to write clean code
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles
Additional advantageous experience and skills include:
- Experience with containers and cloud-native technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- Experience with messaging middlewares, e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Exposure to CMDB or inventory solutions
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines