Algo Safety Risk Specialist
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Joining G-Research as the Algo Safety Risk Specialist, you will be part of the Enterprise Risk function which is responsible for providing second line oversight to the business. This function also provides guidance on the risk framework and associated risk reporting, and ensures that risks go through a comprehensive risk management process including the oversight of the control environment.
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Lead, this role will be responsible for:
- Formalising and standardising the algo safety risk management approach, for all types of algo safety scenarios with the First Line of Defence (1LoD). Provide algo safety risk guidance on the firm’s scenarios and control environment, where appropriate
- Enhancing and developing an approach to algo safety completeness, robustness and accuracy in control design effectiveness and control operation for existing and new initiatives
- Ensuring that Risk possess excellent, detailed knowledge of all critical controls, their tolerances, dependencies and their control effectiveness
- Overseeing and co-ordinating a team of 1LoD specialists to improve algo safety continuously and assess key technical design changes and control improvements
- Ensuring that the quality of data for scenarios, controls and test information that is held in the risk system is maintained to a high standard to actively reflect the risk
- Ensure that risk and control owners have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and accountabilities in relation to algo safety
- Have detailed and practical knowledge of root cause analysis on any significant incident internally or externally to robustly challenge the control environment effectiveness
- Reporting to the executive team on the effectiveness of our algo safety risks and controls and preparing progress reports on behalf of 2LoD
Who are we looking for?
The enterprise risk team are looking for an experienced candidate with a balanced knowledge of technology, infrastructure and algorithmic safety risk in a financial services environment. This role focuses on maturing the algo safety risk agenda and engaging in a clear Three Lines of Defence model.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least seven years of experience in risk and controls roles in a FinTech, hedge fund, technology-based company, or comparable industry
- Knowledge and proficiency in algorithmic safety
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative techniques in calculating risk
- Significant experience of control framework and practical application of control design and operating effectiveness in complex environments
- Drive and intensity, with the ability to think outside of the box and identify suitable approaches without being constrained by standard ways of working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to report and present across the organisational layers
- Enthusiasm and drive for learning and developing new skills and knowledge
- Clear and detailed knowledge of working with the Three Lines of Defence operating model
- 2:1 or above from a top university
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines