G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Typically, G-Research hires PhD-level mathematicians and gives them access to extensive data and an advanced platform to enable them to predict movements in financial markets.
But we’re looking to change things up.
In a departure from tradition, we are looking to hire someone with strong knowledge of financial markets and solid understanding of data interrogation and the mathematical principles underpinning this.
The goal with this new role is for the Quantitative Analyst to take their intuition and experience around a particular area or sector and port it across to others by expressing their ideas quantitatively.
Essentially, you will use your financial knowledge and analytical skills to help build us mathematical models of price movements based on a broad array of data inputs.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking individuals with a passion for, and keen interest, in financial markets. The ideal candidate will have good (but not necessarily outstanding) quantitative and computing skills, backed up by a strong background in fundamental analysis.
For example, this might be someone already working in the discretionary space who enjoys the mathematical/data side of things and is interested in making the step across into the quantitative world.
In particular, we want to hear from people with skills such as:
- Knowledge of/passion for/demonstrable interest in financial markets (from any career background, e.g. equity analyst, trader, etc)
- Some coding ability or the motivation to rapidly learn
- Solid maths background
- Happy to take a role as a “entry level” Quant and learn the ropes: this won’t necessarily be a sideways move, but the long-term upside is significant
- Highly motivated
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines