Physical Security Officer (6 month FTC)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
As a growing business with high-value intellectual property, we now require additional resource within our office Physical Security function. We require attentive and SIA licensed officers to carry out the following duties:
- Monitoring of secure zone entry and exit points
- CCTV Investigations
- Responding to alerts
- Enforcing the clean desk policy
- Bug sweeping
- Security card enrolment and administration
- Confiscation of forbidden items
- Regular recording of findings
- Escorting of external contractors through secure areas
- Other security duties as necessary
Who are we looking for?
Candidates must have an enthusiastic attitude, strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. It is important that our security personnel are able to integrate with the business, therefore a friendly, warm demeanour and can-do attitude is required.
The ideal candidate will be a vigilant security professional with a strong track record of attendance and diligence. We require candidates to be mobile and visible throughout the office. The following are required for the role.
- Current SIA licence
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate security
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and prioritise workload
- Demonstrated ability to react to situations in real time
Reporting to the Physical Security manager, the role involves working in a team of security professionals and entails shift work including weekdays and the occasional Saturday in order to support the physical security requirement of G-Research. Occasional overtime shifts will be available.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines