G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We’re looking for a world-class barista to help run our on-site speciality coffee service alongside one other person. We employ some of the best people in their field in a dynamic and highly stimulating environment, and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to create a social hub for our 400 staff.
Working with top-of-the-line espresso equipment, you’ll spend your time producing outstanding coffee for a discerning and demanding clientele. We expect you to:
- Have detailed technical knowledge of the coffee-making process
- Have great relationship-building skills and a lively interest in people
- Have a great passion for speciality coffee
- Be innovative, passionate about quality, driven, engaged and committed
In return, you will have the freedom to put your personal creative stamp on the service, with input into café design, equipment selection and product sourcing. With no payment transactions to process, you will be free to focus on the coffee.
The hours will be in shifts ranging from 07:30-18:00, Monday to Friday, and you will be based at our main central London office.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands-on experience in a speciality coffee establishment
- Competence in a variety of hand-brewing methods
- Uncompromising attention to detail and quality
- The self-motivation and organisational skills to work independently
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive hourly rate of pay
- Informal dress code and work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines