IT Facilities Coordinator (12 month FTC)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a motivated, smart and logically minded individual to join our growing IT Facilities team. The role is very diverse, giving you exposure to a broad range of areas and will suit someone who is both enthusiastic and keen to learn.
The position offers plenty of opportunity to develop your IT skills in a cutting-edge environment as well as considerable learning and development opportunities. The successful candidate will work closely alongside senior team members who will be able to help with guidance, advice, and training.
Key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of IT/AV kit around the estate
- Routine checks including:
- IT stock checks
- AV/VC functionality
- Ensuring meeting rooms are fit for purpose
- Keeping the office and store rooms well-ordered and tidy
- Assisting the IT Facilities Team with various ongoing projects, including:
- Upgrading IT hardware
- Setting up new desks
- Carrying out desk moves
- Updating floor plans
- Disposal of old equipment
Working hours are typically 9am-5:30pm with some flexibility available. Because of the nature of the work, occasionally, the candidate will be required to perform work out-of-hours and at weekends.
N.B. At times the role will involve lifting and moving some heavy office equipment.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Plenty of drive and energy
- Good eye for detail
- Keen to learn
- A strong interest in technology
- Previous IT experience would be beneficial, but not essential
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines