Software Asset Manager
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research has gone through an exciting period of growth that transformed the way we run and build our technology platforms. We now have a great opportunity for an experienced Software Asset Manager to come on board and help continue developing the maturity of the Software Asset Management function within our Commercial Management team.
You will be vital in helping the Software and Professional Services Category Manager provide a high level of service to the business. We are always working hard to improve and are looking for someone who is able to work on their own, as well as with the team to ensure this excellent service-level is maintained.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading and developing G-Research’s Software Asset Management (SAM) processes and roadmap (includes migrating from on-premise to Cloud)
- Ensuring all software assets are managed and optimised through their lifecycle from purchase to retirement
- Maintaining the SAM system (Snow Licence Manager), keeping licence and agreement data up-to-date
- Negotiating new software license agreements and handling software purchases and renewals
- Identify cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities
- Working with the Hardware Category team, synchronising with other IT Asset data from other systems
- Maintaining policies
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with extensive Software Asset Management and procurement experience who is active in SAM networking opportunities. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 6-10 years’ experience in SAM along with software/hardware procurement
- Experience in software assurance, compliance and licence management in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience working in a small, high-impact team, with the ability to take on all tasks within the asset management and procurement process
- Understanding of software licensing rules and metrics, particularly for tier 1 vendors (e.g. Microsoft, VMware, RedHat)
- Experience in software licence compliance reporting and optimisation of licences
- Experience in the full Purchase 2 Pay (P2P) lifecycle and P2P systems (Web3 or MediusBuy ideal)
- Ability to review and comment on agreements from a commercial perspective whilst working closely with our legal team
- Have excellent communication skills as well as experience of engaging effectively with technical staff, business users and senior stakeholders
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and third party suppliers
- Experience in professional services contracts would be beneficial to support other team members
Why should you join us?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines