Quantitative Analyst (Quantitative Operations)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Quantitative Operations is positioned between Quantitative Research and Software Engineering. The team pursues new performance-enhancing opportunities through insights from internal and external sources.
The successful candidate’s typical work will be split between:
- Analysis of core algorithmic trading strategies, from portfolio down to market microstructure interactions, in a reactive and proactive capacity
- Recognising and analysing inefficiencies and opportunities in deployed strategies and platform implementations
- Research, implementation and deployment of new investment opportunities and algorithmic trading improvements (post signal integration)
The team fosters a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on pragmatic solutions so you should expect to work on a wide variety of projects, some of which will be time sensitive.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will combine a technical background with an eye for detail and the drive to track down problems proactively.
You should also possess the following:
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in a technical discipline from a top university
- At least 2 years' experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, C++, C#, F#, Scala
- Experience with .NET is a plus
- Experience at analysing and drawing conclusions from large data sets
- A demonstrable interest in and understanding of financial markets
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines