Quant Platform Software Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are seeking a first-class developer to join our Quant Platform Engineering group. The Quant Platform Engineering group has been at the core of G-Research’s profitability for over 15 years.
Our mission is to provide engineering and technical expertise to enable the business to capitalise on new opportunities and research ideas rapidly. The role is technically challenging and requires an ability to adapt to new technologies at pace, such that the firm’s existing advantage is maintained.
Quant Platform Engineering is made up of individual teams who specialise in key areas across our research platform. As part of the recruitment process we will work with you to establish the best team for your skills and experience.
Areas of focus for these teams include:
- Core calculations – here we scale out performant number crunching capabilities that drive the entire firm
- Modelling – building core capabilities and assisting quant researchers in our cutting edge prediction capabilities
- Simulation – back-testing frameworks for validating the strategies our researchers produce and for assessing their ongoing performance
- Execution – software for optimising a live portfolio trading 24/6 for our customers, with real money at stake
- Research tooling – front-end UX and workflow for our quant researchers
The core tech stack is C#, productionised in our own datacentres. There is rapidly growing use of Python in the group and we use the latest compiler/toolchain available – .NET Core and Python 3, deploying to Kubernetes.
To give a flavour of the work we do, here are some of our recent projects:
- Low level performance optimisations in our core simulation engine, unlocking the next advances in quant research
- Implementing a greenfield microservice architecture for the research pipeline – greenfield with real customers and value-add
- Evolving our trading platform for new assets in new markets
- Assisting researchers in implementing new statistical modelling methods, based on recently published research
- Contributing back to open source projects
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities, skills, and experience:
- Intelligent, capable and hands-on engineer with a genuine interest in technology
- Proven ability to engineer high-quality software
- Appreciation of good architecture and engineering best practices
- Confidence to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- Ability to engineer and own solutions that will be relied upon by many users and deployed to machines in large compute clusters
- Financial or statistical background would be advantageous, though all backgrounds are welcome
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines