Kubernetes Platform Engineer
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
G-Research is going through an exciting period of growth and transforming the way we run and build platforms. As part of this transformation we are looking for a highly skilled engineer to join our expanding Compute Platform Engineering team.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing applications to build and extend our compute platform
- Owning the design, build, monitoring and expansion to help deliver a fully featured and secure platform on top of which the business can deploy any application, including trading and research-critical components
- Working closely with various other development teams to help define standards, best practices and aide migration and on-boarding of microservices onto the platform
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and background:
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience working with CI/CD principles
- Experience with microservices
- Development skills in at least one of Go, Python, C#, and C++
- A Linux Engineering/DevOps background
- Full stack platform infrastructure, including Hardware, SDS (block and Object), and SDN
- A passion for open-source
- Technical experience to build high performance, scalable and resilient infrastructure and solutions
Why should you join us?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with 9% company contribution
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply