G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
We are looking for a Linux/DevOps Engineer to join our Core Linux Engineering team. This role will be responsible for providing build automation expertise, as well as third line Linux engineering support.
The Core Linux team is passionate about using the best technology, processes and frameworks. There is a big focus on applying automation, Infrastructure as Code, and using CI/CD tools and methodologies in all of our engineering work. Using open source tooling and best practices, we are helping increase the pace of delivery.
We are working hard to embed a Continuous Improvement culture and philosophy across the organisation and are striving to learn from best practice in the industry. We are looking for highly motivated, self-starters with a Linux engineering background to join and help deliver value across the IaaS function.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Producing a certified monthly Base Core Linux Build (RedHat/CentOS/Ubuntu) used by the entire company on bare metal, VMware and OpenStack
- Improving and extending the Linux Build system, to enable self-service and immutable Linux builds (written primarily in Python and Ansible)
- Create and maintain existing APIs/libraries/tools used to deliver the build and integrate with CI/CD Jenkins pipelines
- Assist teams migrating from Windows to Linux, as part of a company-wide migration to our private cloud platform
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge and substantial experience of Linux engineering using open source tooling. This will include the following:
- Strong understanding of Linux OS internals
- Scripting/coding experience in Bash/Python/GO
- Configuration management/IaC experience using Ansible or similar
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Good understanding of IP networking
- A good understanding of service monitoring, SLA/SLOs, and KPIs
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply