G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
The Network Engineering Development team provides tooling to automate and improve network deployment and operations, whilst enabling other Software Engineering teams to leverage our platform.
This role involves utilising cutting-edge technologies to produce optimal results. At G-Research, it is the combined effort of people and teams that enables us to cater for the business. As such, a key requirement for this role is the ability to communicate at all levels.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment to develop applications using solid software engineering principles
- Building cutting-edge tools and infrastructure to support core firm facilities
- Intermittent full stack engineering. The team operate primarily on the backend side
- Ongoing system support including proactive response to bug reports and feature requests
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven ability to engineer high-quality software in Python
- Be an intelligent, competent and practical software engineer, with a genuine enthusiasm for working with the latest technology
- Appreciate good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Have knowledge and a keen interest in CI/CD pipelining (ideally with Jenkins), and IaC tooling (ideally with Terraform, Ansible, or similar)
- Have experience with an RDBMS (ideally with PostgreSQL), Django, REST APIs, and TDD
Experience with the following would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Distributed version control system (ideally with Git)
- NoSQL solutions
- Ability to query data stores like TSDB and ELK
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.Apply